Sunday, June 19, 2016

The busy time is coming

• I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride •

Hey everybody!

I am sorry that I couldn't write a post in all this time, but I've been kind busy the last three weeks.

But here I am again! So let me tell you what I did these last weeks.

After Memorial Day, I spent my last two weeks of school having fun with my friends, taking pictures with them and also some of the school, and I also took my finals.







My finals weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be, because my teachers spent a whole month reviewing for the finals. So I guess I was ready for them.

Once the school ended, I started spending more time with my big sister, before she came back to Maryland.

I had a great time with my big sister, going to Chipotle for the first time in my life, walking Orchard Beach, etc.

The day we decided to go to Orchard Beach, a beach in the Bronx, the Puerto Rico Parade took place in Manhattan, so there were a lot of Puerto Ricans celebrating in the beach, with music, food, a sunny day, the ocean... A wonderful day and place for them to have a good time.

My big sister also took me to Silver Tips Tea, a café where you can have more than a hundred different types of tea. She drove me there, so we could have lunch together.

We ate a petit menu (I'm sorry, I don't remember the name because it was in French). The petit menu included tea, 2 dessers, a scone and a sandwich. I got a Citrus Tea (Black Tea with oranges and cinnamon), an egg sandwich (the egg was marinated with tea), a blueberry scone (with cream and strawberry jam), a canoli and a little chocolate cake/truffle. The best tea-time lunch i've ever got!


And after being a whoooooole week home (chores are not fun if you can't get out home), yesterday I got the opportunity to go on a trip with my host mom and brother to Boston!

Boston is the most European city that you can find in America, and the reason why is because there are a lot of old buildings built with red bricks and a British style. Being there was like being in Great Britain again.

In Boston, I went on two different tours: a bus tour and a duck tour. I got a lot of fun and I learned a lot about the history of the city (and part of it I already knew it becaude of my US History Class).





After the tours, I visited Harvard University! It was exactly what I thought it was going to look like! What a pity that I couldn't stay! *laugh*




Boston was awesome, and if you ask me what I liked the most: Boston or New York, my answer would be that I can't pick one. They are so different that I can't ay which one is the best, because both if them are special.

And today, it's Father's Day in the US! So I just wanted to say HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, PUPI AND TO MY AMERICAN FATHER! Hope you enjoy your day (Spain and US). And also, Happy belated birthday, pupi! (Nope, I didn't forget his birthday).

So that's it! I have less than two weeks left in the US, and the coming week it's going to be my graduation, so stay with me and I will tell you how an American High School Graduation looks like.

Love always,

Nereu

No comments:

Post a Comment