Monday, June 27, 2016

MVHS Class Of 2k16

Starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun.

Hey everyone!

On today's post I will tell you how was the graduation of Mount Vernon High School: Class of 2016.

On Thursday, June 23rd, all the Seniors got to go to the school. The reason why is we needed our caps and gowns, senior shirts and graduation tickets (in that way, our relatives could see us walking the stage!).

After waiting two hours and really loooong lines, I got all my stuff and I was ready for graduation. Once every senior had all what was needed, we got a barbeque with the class. We ate hot dogs, cheeseburgers, watermelon, chips, ice cream and two big cakes. But we weren't only eating. We also spent most of the time signing yearbookd and playing softball against the staff of the school. It was fun and I enjoyed it a lot!



Hours later, I came back to school to see a Pre-4th of July's fireworks. I went there with my host sis and my friend Anthony and two hours later, my friends Yoly, Norman and Yolmarie would join us. The fireworks were awesome (as I espected) and once they were done, my friends and I started dancing (if you guys know what I mean 😏).

And the day came...

Friday, June 24th, the date every senior has been waiting for.

I woke up and got ready to walk to school wearing my heels, dress, cap and gown. (If you were asking yourself: did she fall or almost die on her way to school? The answer is nope).




I got to school and I had to wait half an hour to get the school bus. The bus drove us to the Westchester County Center, where the graduation was going to take place.


The first thing we did once we arrived to the Center, was going downstairs and wait until all the seniors got there. Later, we had a rehearsal, so we would know what to do, how to receive our diploma, etc. After that, we came back downstairs and ate lunch. 








Half an hour later, the moment just came...

I was standing, waiting in the line to go upstairs to the big room where I woul graduate. As my friends were walking upstairs, some tears started to fill my eyes. I don't know why it happened, but I guess it was due to the pride I was feeling (my guys and girls were graduating!!).

I entered the big room and it was full of relatives, balloons, people screaming and clapping... I got to my seat, with my friend Angie next to me, and I have to confess that I wss nervous (like really nervous). We listened the Pledge of Allegiance, the American Anthem and some speeches from the Principal, Major and some guests. 



Once the speeches were over, it was the time to walk the stage. But before that, we got to change our tassels from the right side to the left one. Later, I walked the stage, got my diploma and shook the hands of all the guests and principal. It was the best feeling I've ever had!

Later, al the seniors started screaming "Mount Vernon" and  we all left the Center together.

Outside, my friends were waiting for Angie and me, and they gave us ballons, a bear and roses. I took pictures with my friends and after that, I went back home, with a lot the memories of the last two days.














And now, I would like to say a message that I wrote in my Facebook page:

Graduated from Mount Vernon High School! 🎓🎉💯 Just wanted to say that this was the best year that I could have ever had! I grew in a year more than in my 17 years of life and it couldn't be possible without my family, who always supported me, friends in Spain and all the new friends I made here. Without you guys, I would never make it!  Love y'all! 💙💙💙

Now, it is time to finish packing and go back home. In 4 days, I will be flying back to Spain, and even though I miss everybody there, I do not want to leave the US. As my friends said, now I became one of them.

Soon you will have more posts, but for now, I will say good-bye.

Love always,

Nereu

1 comment: